Debbie is a highly experienced specialist in the field of procurement having been Supply Chain Director with Aramark, and before that Purchasing and F&B Director with Jarvis Hotels for many years. More recently she has undertaken work for both Booker and 3663, two of the largest food suppliers in the UK.
Her experience includes:
• Negotiating and implementing a central distribution supply chain system to 32 flight catering kitchens.
• Developing a structured menu development programme and supplier rationalisation programme. Delivering lower costs, improved sales ratios and increased margins.
• Successfully outsourcing the purchasing services and implementing an on-line ordering system for a large hotel group.
• Analysing the supplier management process for a large international contract caterer. This led to implementing a new process for tracking compliance to terms, improving debt managment and cash flow.
• Consolidating purchasing terms and developing a best practice model for a motorway services group.
• Negotiating improved terms for laundry, utilities, disposables, uniforms, food & beverages and an interactive TV system for a UK based hotel group.
• Developing new marketing opportunies for a major foodservice distribution company.
• An in depth knowledge of the UK supplier base, particularly food and beverage manufacturers and distributors.
• Developing business plans and directing teams to help deliver business objectives. Specialist experience of managing and coaching purchasing teams and menu development chefs.
|2011 - to date||Various consultancy roles|
|2010 - 2011||Purchasing and Supply Chain, Director Aramark UK|
|2002 - 2010||Purchasing and F&B Director, Jarvis Hotels Ltd|
|1998 - 2002||Commercial Director, Alpha Flight Services|
|1996 - 1998||Director of Marketing, Booker Foodservice (3663)|
|1992 - 1996||Purchasing Controller, Granada Motorway Services (Moto)|
|1991 - 1992||Sales and Marketing Manager, Puritan Maid Manufacturing|
|1988 - 1991||Development Chef, Grand Met Retail|
|1985 - 1988||Teacher, The Cordon Bleu Cookery School|
What they say...
““One of the major projects Debbie completed during her time with us was the establishment of a robust business model for 3rd party purchasing. In this project she worked across multiple organisational functions including supply chain, sales and marketing and finance to formulate a go-to-market approach that was underpinned by effective processes that enables us to successfully execute the roll out and expansion of this new business line”.
Andrew Main, UK Chief Executive Officer, ARAMARK.