Extensive work undertaken in turnaround activity (Forte Posthouse brand) re-branding and change management with Forte Heritage and other brands during 1990’s with Forte.
- • Implementation of Service /Profit chain ( Heritage and Arora Hotels) with performance measured by a Balanced Scorecard. This targets consistency of service delivery leading to superior profit performance over time, linked to regular reviews of the business.
• Asked by Compass PLC to manage and sell off the rump of Forte hotels left over after sale of Post House, Heritage and Meridien brands.
• Grew Arora hotels from just over 1000 rooms to 2500, including opening of 5 star 605 room Sofitel at London Heathrow, now one of the best performing hotels in London area.
• Repositioning and restructuring of Arora was essential, as it was 90% reliant on aircrew and airport related business, to be more commercial, conference and leisure focussed. It required a completely new approach to sales, marketing, operational and revenue management to be implemented via new processes and procedures. This work assisted company to exceed sales and profit targets for 5 years, with the exception of 2008, which was impacted by a severe downturn in air traffic.
• Have worked mainly in the 3/4/5 star market and managed groups of small provincial hotels to some of the UK’s largest and most complex hotels, both in multi unit and General Manager roles.
|2005 - 2010||Group Operations Director, Arora Hotels|
|2002 - 2005||Group General Manager, Compass Hotels|
|1985 - 2001||Director, Forte Hotels|
What they say...
“Over the 30 years I have known Peter, he has been a focussed, diligent and professional operator, with a successful track record.”
Bob Cotton- Chief Executive BHA
“He managed a group of large hotels in London extremely successfully, with award winning performance in both employee and customer satisfaction together with exceptional sales and profit results.”
Patrick Dempsey-CEO Premier Inn